Journey to the Final Product
‘Reliability’ costs, and its currency is ‘discipline’. Quality output means that every stage of production gets proper attention-to-detail, matched with a passion for performance. Here is what goes into a Ranjit Garment produced item of apparel.
- Price requests are received from Customers.
- Customer’s requirements are determined in terms of garment design, fabrics, and trims.
- Customers can view samples to see quality of our workmanship.
- Pricing done depending on Customer requirement either CMT (cut, make and trim only) or Full garment.
- The price quote includes minimum order quantity (MOQ), typically 100pcs per style and other terms and conditions.
- A garment sample is made once the Customer has approved the price.
- CMT customers supply their patterns, detailed specifications, fabric and all specialized trims as per the requirement.
- The original samples (in some cases photos where samples are not available) are supplied by Customers for reference where possible.
- For full garment customers, Ranjit Garments can do patterns and specifications depending on product type.
- Customer can provide “jump” size set samples for pattern making.
- Once everything is received as per requirement, the samples are made.
- Our turnaround time for sample is 2-3 weeks.
- Finally the samples are sent to the customer and once approved by them, a signed off sample is returned to us with the approved specifications for production reference.
- Customers typically give their indicative production qty 2-3 months in advance so that we can reserve production space. Firm purchase orders are sent 5-6 weeks prior to required delivery.
- Once orders are received, they are entered into StyleMan ERP system which has the details of style, order number, color, size, quantity, fabric details, trims requirement, etc.
- Based on status of raw materials and sampling, the order is scheduled into the production line. Delivery date is then advised to the customers.
- Customers are kept updated with progress of their orders with weekly Production Reports that are emailed.
- Once the order has been scheduled, and fabric, lining, pocketing and fusing are received into the Cutting Room from Warehouse.
- The order is cut and bundled ready to be issued to production. Most of the cutting is done by our automated Gerber cutting machines for accuracy and efficiency.
If required, embroidery, screen-printing or heat seal is arranged with our preferred sub-contractors who specialize in these processes. This is arranged well before production is scheduled.
- Production Department will receive approved sample and other relevant details for the order.
- Based on when the order is scheduled, the Production Dept (HOD and supervisor) will conduct pre-planning tasks in preparation of the production.
- Once the cutwork of the order is received from Cutting Room, the sewing/assembly process begins.
- The cutwork is then put together and passed into the main assembly area where pieces are sewn into completed garments.
- All quality parameters are followed and monitored during these processes.
- 100% of the complete garments undergo an inspection and any defects are repaired.
- Once garments have been completed, then they are sent for pressing and finishing according to Customer’s requirements.
- The swing tags, barcodes and tickets are then attached to the garments, packed in polybags and later put into cartons.
- After the garments have been packed, our Quality Assurance Inspector will conduct a Random Final Quality Inspection (FRI) on every order.
- Garments after having passed through the FRI process are then documented for shipment and sent to customer.