Responsible in All Aspects
Ranjit Garments safeguards the dignity and integrity of all employees. Regardless of any staff’s position at Ranjit Garments, they are all treated equally the same and are just as important as the factory worker or the office employee.
We recognize the high importance of corporate social responsibility (CSR), which is not only confined to the garment manufacturing industry, but across all borders of industry. We are also an equal opportunity employer.
This ensures that not only the staff but also the company as a whole achieves greatness together.
Our CSR covers two areas; internal operations and development as well as external participation towards the greater good of society.
Ranjit Garments undergoes an annual factory audit that addresses the ethical treatment of our workforce in great detail.
We take great pride in being part of SEDEX Global’s certified 2-Pillar SMETA Audited factory by BSI Australia
- Savings scheme in collaboration with the Department of Social Welfare. Selected as a pilot company by UNDP more than 10 years ago and still continuing under new name of FCOSS.
- Support our staff’s right to exercise freedom of association. Since 1999, we have been voluntarily unionised for their benefit.
- Provide medical check-ups and screening multiple times per facilitated through Ministry of Health.
- Sponsor company sports and teams.
- Host annual Fun Day, also used as a platform for recognition for long service and good performance.
- We ensure that all staff is provided with an ultra-safe, cooperative environment where they are treated fairly, compensated properly and rewarded consistently for effort.
- Participated in Pinktober, Fiji Cancer Society’s fighting initiative.
- We also donate clothing and money to cyclone disaster and food victims.
- Donation of fabric off cuts to charitable organisations and NGOs.
- Replaced 98% of our tube lights from the fluorescent to the LED for reduced energy usage.
- Installed energy saving motors into 75% of our sewing machines to significantly power down these models during idle moments.
- Decreased the volume of our ‘waste’ by 67%.
- Participation in Blood donation drives.
We practice ethical working conditions in our workplace and insist the same standards be adhered to by the various suppliers, manufacturers and customers with whom we partner.
- no child labour be used;
- no illegal workers or forced labour be used;
- no prison labour be used;
- workers must be treated with respect regardless of religion, race, gender, political opinion or social origin;
- overtime must be voluntary and as per the laws;
- and social compliance.